Thanks for your help seems to be working great. -- Jeff, IT Administrator
Can XWall be used with mail servers other than Microsoft Exchange
Yes, XWall can be used with Lotus Notes or any other SMTP based mail server.
What are the system requirements for XWall?
Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2003 R2, Small Business Server 2000, Small Business Server 2003, Small Business Server 2003 R2, Small Business Server 2008, Essential Business Server 2008. While XWall will install and run fine on Windows XP, Microsoft has built-in limits on the number of concurrent TCP/IP connection attempts per-second. Therefore we don't suggest running XWall under Windows XP.
Where does XWall store it's whitelist and can I manually edit it?
XWall Stores the whitelist in two files: AdrOWL-B.dat which is the BINARY database file and AdrOWL-A.dat which is a ASCII file that XWall uses to rebuild AdrOWL-B.dat.
You can edit AdrOWL-A.dat with an ASCII editor like Notepad and remove or add e-mail address.
However, you need to stop XWall while you are doing this and when XWall starts up, it will re-build a new AdrOWL-B.dat from AdrOWL-A.dat.
Depending on the size of your AdrOWL-A.dat, this re-build may take some time.
How do we move XWall 3.37 or higher to a new server?
1. Enter the XWall administration utility on the old server and select View->Service. Stop and remove the XWall service.
2. Copy the entire C:XWall directory (including all sub-directories) to the new servers C partition.
3. Verify that your new server has A) The same TEMP directory as defined in XWall under View->Advanced Configuration->Advanced. B) The same realtime and manual scan Antivirus exceptions for XWalls TEMP directory as your old server.
3. Enter the XWall administration utility (mbadmin.exe) on the new server and select View->Service. Install and start the XWall service.
4. Uninstall aXWall files from the old server.
How to we configure MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher) with XWall?
In XWall 3.37 and above, enter the XWall administration utility (mbadmin.exe) and select View->Service. Click Install and then click start.
We would like to have Lakewood perform our installation
We offer a service to complete the initial setup and configuration of XWall and/or XWALLFilter for your company using a best practice configuration. The service is $399 and includes 1) an initial interview to determine your requirements and then 2) a remote installation and configuration on your server.
We would like to have Lakewood validate our installation
We offer a service to validate your XWall installation against our current best practice configuration. The service is $399 and includes 1) an initial interview to determine your current problems. concerns and requirements and then 2) a remote configuration on your server.
We would like our staff trained on XWall
We offer a service to train your IT person on XWall by stepping through all configuration options using a 1-on-1 remote desktop connection. We explain each XWall configuration option in detail, provide our best practice advice and answer questions. The training is $499 and takes about 2 hours.